Admin

History

Stein Elementary School opened in 1954 as North Alameda Elementary School. The original architect of the building was Temple Buell. Additions were constructed in 1963 and 1995 doubling the size of the original building. For many years, Stein was the only school in Jeffco with a bilingual program.

Several distinguished Jeffco leaders have been part of the historic success at Stein including previous principals Socorro Alarcon, Ray Sanchez, Irene Griego, and teacher-leader Linda Reyes-Quinonez.

The cost to renovate Rose Stein International was $3.4 million and includes: new windows and doors, new LED lighting throughout the building, new heating/ cooling units, new playgrounds, classroom and office furniture, paint, carpet, and more.  After being closed for two years, construction is completed and Rose Stein International Elementary re-opened to students in 2017.

The preschool program was moved from the cottage buildings at Reed Street and Ellsworth Avenue and relocated to the main building with all the other kindergarten through sixth-graders, creating an inclusive welcoming environment for all families Pre-K through grade sixth grade. The Stein Kids Clinic, which was previously located in a temporary building on the Stein site, is now in the main building.



Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.